Before anything else, I’d like to wish everyone a blissful 2016! Hope you had a blast welcoming the new year. Have you decided what to list in your New Year’s resolution yet? 😀
As you turn to a new chapter, there must be an important thing to be done first. How about renewing your professional ID? Or changing your status? I’d like to share how I went through the whole process. Be reminded/ informed that the Professional Regulation Commission’s office in Cebu has been moved from Guadalupe to Mandaue City. This is the new address:
Subangdaku, Mandaue City. At the back of Innodata building.
I went there on December 22, 2015. I must say that the new office was better than the old one in Guadalupe, vicinity and atmosphere wise. The whole place was air conditioned. Saw 3 0r more security guards which was good if we think about safety and security. What made me so uncomfortable was the loooong queue. Okay, I’ll just leave it from here. Don’t want this to turn into a rant. 😀
If you wish to do PID renewal and change of status at the same time, then make sure to do these simple steps:
- Prepare your original copy of marriage contract from the NSO, a photocopy of your expired PID, 3 passport size pictures with complete name tag and white background, and a metered documentary stamp**.
- As soon as you get there, approach the Public Assistance and Complaint Desk.
- Tell them your purpose. Expect to receive 3 different forms. (Purpose slip, Application for PID form, Petition form)
- Accomplish all the forms. Paste 1 picture on the Application for PID form and the other one on the Petition form**.
- Submit all papers to the Regulation window. Drop one picture to the box provided. Wait to be called.
- Once called, get the papers and head to the Cashier to settle fees**.
- Go back to the Regulation window and receive your official receipt and ID claim slip.
~~~ END of the PROCESS ~~~
You can get the metered documentary stamp from the PRC COOP just inside the office. It’s for PHP25.00. Same for the pictures if you fail to have them prior to going to the office. Prepare PHP90.00 for 4 copies.
You may need to take with you your exam report and old PID as you fill out the Petition form. Some details are needed from those.
Prepare PHP705.00. (Renewal fee: PHP450.00, COS fee: PHP225.00, Surcharge fee: PHP30.00)
I paid for the surcharge since it’s a clear mandate to renew your PID not later than 20 days from the expiration date. I renewed mine a month after the expiration date. You don’t have to pay for this if this isn’t your case.
Since the new office isn’t completely settled yet, it’s best not to refer to the procedures written at the back of the forms. You have been warned. 😀
There might be changes in the next few months as the progress of the new office continues.
Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!