July 9, 2016
As much as we wanted to sleep in but we had to get up for breakfast. The buffet starts at 7am until 9am. This was something we looked forward to, though.
I have to compliment The Vira Bali Hotel for the food. The menu was changed almost everyday. Totally enjoyed everything!
After the sumptuous early meal, we went back to our room to laze. Yeah, lazing around is one big part of our every travel. Hit me up if you do the same! 😀
Time’s up for bumming around! Time to go hit the beach!
On to the highlight of the day…
We were fortunate to know that this popular beach is around 10 minutes away from the hotel. This is one of the things you should do in Kuta. Spend the whole afternoon there, pitch a tent or something, enjoy the sound of the waves, feel the touch of the wind, let the heat of the sun caress your skin, talk to the locals, swim all you want, sip a tasty fruit shake or juice over a good book, and especially, watch the beautiful sunset. This was the thing I missed out. Sad! 😦 I’d definitely go back there for the sunset. We rented two beach couches for the whole afternoon, approximately for 4 hours. Aligned with us were couples from different countries. They enjoyed swimming and getting tanned. Things the husband and I didn’t want to do. We were engrossed with the books we read. The sea breeze was quite a temptation to doze off. I felt so wonderful being in a lovely place, primarily a place I once dreamed of and at that moment I was there..alone with the person I love. I just couldn’t ask for more. I sincerely thank my God for that wondrous time!
Walked back to the hotel and luckily something was up. Guess what?
There was a show right outside the mall in front of the hotel. There was a band and this fire dance. We both had fun watching them. Let me share this video.
Just inside the mall, you can find this local restaurant that will never fail you. You should try MM Juice!
1. Nasi Goreng Cabe Hijau – Indonesian food is pretty popular for its Nasi Goreng and it has a lot of different kinds. Glad we were able to try this one. If you are into spicy food, I bet you’ll like it.
2. Mie Kocok – I loved how delicious this was. It looked like a bean sprout soup with Indonesian crackers.
3. Sop Buntut Goreng – My husband chowed this down. It was like a fried meat with another kind of Indonesian cracker. The sauce was really good.
4. This soup was actually an extra dish of #1 so the name is unknown to me. It had vegetables and was flavorful.
5. Apple Juice – It was so refreshing. Not too sweet.
6. Lemon Grass Juice – A perfect drink when you have #1. The best lemon grass juice I’ve had so far.
That palatable dinner concluded our 3rd day. 🙂