For Filipinos abroad: How to claim your professional ID card from PRC

Suppose you already filed for a renewal and change of status of your professional identification card at the Professional Regulation Commission local office, but you left the country even before acquiring the new card because the releasing date takes months. You can’t even wait for it anymore.

This is actually my experience. I did the application a month after my wedding. It was December 2015 and I was told to come back after 6-9 months. I won’t deny I was a bit taken aback. How come it takes that long? Seriously? I’m not ranting, okay? Just asking. 😀 I certainly hope this will change. I believe it’s possible to get things like this done quickly because I’ve experienced acquiring a substantial ID here in Japan in just 2-3 minutes. You can read about it here.

I had no choice but to leave without that card. Guess what? After more than 9 months, I finally got it. It’s just a shame to waste a year without it in my possession. It’s only valid for 3 years and now it’ll only be valuable until next year.

Anyhow, I’m still thankful for having to claim it in a not so difficult procedure which I’ll gladly share with you.

2 ways to claim it:

1. Through a professional ID non-holder representative.

What you must prepare:

  • any valid ID (scanned, colored)
  • claim slip (original or scanned)
  • Special Power of Attorney* (original)

*If you are in Japan, you can visit the Philippine Embassy to avail this service. Please visit their website and read the announcement on this first.*

2. Through a professional ID holder representative.

What you must prepare:

  • any valid ID (scanned, colored)
  • claim slip (original or scanned)
  • signed Authorization Letter (scanned)

Your representative should present his/her professional ID and may be asked to provide a photocopy of it. Just prepare.

Fortunately, I have a brother who’s also a registered professional and I was spared the burden of securing the Special Power of Attorney. I only prepared the letter instead.

Want a sample of the Authorization Letter? Take a look at mine.


Please feel free to spread the info! 🙂


15 thoughts on “For Filipinos abroad: How to claim your professional ID card from PRC

    1. Hi! Depende po sa representative nyo. Kung professional ID holder sya, authorization letter lang po. SPA isn’t needed anymore. Pero pag di sya holder nun, you need to submit both.


  1. Hi! Sheryl,
    I am a nurse, currently based in Qatar. My brother who’s a prc id holder as well, will get my prc card, I’ve read some blogs that i need to provide my brother with my birth certificate, passport size photo (white background and name tag), old prc card, authorization letter, payment receipt and another valid id. Is that true?
    Because i renewed my prc license online, i downloaded my current photo as well, so I think authorization letter is fine. I’m confused.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Hi my partner is a nurse and I’ll be the one authorized to claim her renewed prc id. Is it valid to submit the photo copy (Xerox) of her old prc id?

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Good day. I’d like to ask if the representative (also a license holder) need to present a letter powered by attorney? Can the representative claim it with just my scanned authorization letter and ID?

    Liked by 1 person

Pop your thoughts! (For non-WordPress users, you are encouraged to contact me via email, Facebook, or IG. You'll be responded promptly.)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s