I can’t think of any suitable name for this dish other than this. So I kind of combined the flavor and how I make the sauce. Pasta is undeniably part of my diet. My husband’s as well and he’s actually the reason why I happened to put this recipe together. Since my Kimchi Fried Rice recipe, gochujang has become a staple in our little kitchen. Danny came up with an out of the blue idea to use gochujang for pasta sauce. I thought it’d be nice to share this easy recipe with you. Here goes..
⇒ 2 tbsp, gochujang
⇒ ½ large white onion, minced
⇒ 3 cloves, garlic, minced
⇒ 1 tbsp, sesame oil
⇒ 2 tbsp, soy sauce
⇒ 2 spoons, spring onions, chopped
⇒ 2 cups, water
⇒ 1 medium size, potato, minced
⇒ 1 tsp, white sugar
1. Preheat the oil.
2. Sautè the white onion and garlic for 1 minute.
3. Add the potato and sautè for 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the 2 cups of water.
5. Add gochujang, soy sauce, and white sugar. Let it boil. (with occasional stirring)
6. Mix in the spring onions. Simmer until it turns thick. (with occasional stirring)
7. Add the pasta. Mix well, but do not let the pasta absorb all the sauce. Turn off the stove, serve hot.