I’ve tried a few Japanese rice bowls in over a year of living in a foreign country where food is regarded as a work of art. My comfort food is their gyūdon (牛丼), a beef rice bowl that a foreigner will probably love at first try. This dish has inspired me to make this recipe. Nothing fancy. No art at all. Just plain simple and easy, but fulfilling. 😀
⇔ 500g, ground pork & beef
⇔ 1 tbsp, oil
⇔ 2 eggplants, chopped
⇔ 4 tbsp, soy sauce
⇔ 1 small white onion, chopped
⇔ 4 cloves, garlic, chopped
⇔ salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. Sautè the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
3. Add the ground meat and simmer until it changes color. Stir occasionally.
4. Mix in the eggplants and soy sauce. Stir fry for 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Done.
6. Pour into a bowl of rice. Serve hot.