FULL DISCLOSURE: This is not a paid/sponsored content. The opinions expressed are completely my own based on my experience. Written with all honesty, but not to promote nor to defame the brand.
The husband and I mostly watch news on this every morning over breakfast. Just set it up on a stand and we have a mini TV right on our dining table since our TV isn’t placed in a way that we can comfortably view it from the dining area. Here’s what I think about it after using it for almost a year.
- The next generation of our best-reviewed Fire tablet, with up to 12 hours of battery life, a vibrant 8″ HD display, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, and Dolby Audio. More durable than the latest iPad.
- 16 or 32 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 256 GB of expandable storage
- Now with Alexa, for quick access to the information and entertainment you want. Ask questions, play music, check your calendar, get the news, weather, and more – just press the home button and ask.
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, apps and games – including Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Spotify, and more
- Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes – at no additional cost
- Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription
- Enhance your entertainment experience with features you only get from Amazon, including ASAP, X-Ray, On Deck, Blue Shade, and FreeTime Parental Controls
- Definitely cheaper than the latest iPad.
- Battery lasts up to 12 hours or even a day or so if not used excessively.
- The size isn’t too big nor too small.
- Good audio quality.
- clear display
- Not a bothersome to carry when traveling.
- Available in 4 colors.
- Camera works just fine.
- Easy to navigate.
- Shopping on Amazon is just a tap away.
- I haven’t experienced any crashing so far. It’s been fast and responsive especially when watching videos on Youtube or reading books via Kindle.
- Probably (because I’m not a parent) safe for the kids to use with the FreeTime Parental Controls.
- The Alexa feature isn’t available in Japan.
This is clearly an alternative to an iPad if you’re only looking for something basic. By basic, I mean without the smart pen or the likes of it. You can use it both for entertainment and personal stuff.
Believe me or not but this is just a coincidence! You’re just in time for the Black Friday deals week! From $79.99 to $49.99!
*This is an Amazon affiliate link. I can get a small amount of commission on every purchase made through this link. The earnings will help me keep this blog running. You don’t have to purchase through here but if you do, you’re highly appreciated and a blessing to me.*