As I’ve slightly complained before, it’s hard to find a Japanese brand foundation that would somehow match my skin tone. There’s obviously a limited selection of shades here in the Japanese market. Most shades are applicable to those who have a fair tone with pink / cool undertone. I’d say I belong to the medium- fair tone with yellowish/ warm undertone. If I use the common shades here, I’ll definitely look weird.
Once I was at a local drugstore with my husband and he randomly picked this one for me. He probably wanted to save himself from waiting for ages. With his kind gesture, I granted his wish. Did he pick a good one for me? Read on!
- A soothing foundation that hides pores, dark spots, and wrinkles.
- This water-based foundation gives a radiant satin finish and good coverage.
- Long-lasting and buildable
- Comes with 2 shades = Pink Beige and Salmon Beige
- Ingredients: WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, TRIETHYI, HEXANOIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, TALC, IRON OXIDES, TRIMETHYSILOXYSILICATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HID / TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, STEARIC ACID, ISOSTEARIC ACID, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CITRATE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER DILINOLEATE, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE / VINYLDIMETHICONECROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINA, CALCIUM CARBONATE, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, TOCOPHEROL, SILICA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, ROYAL JELLY EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LAURETH-4
I’ve been using this for months now. I don’t use makeup on a daily basis so this product has been in my stash for like forever? 😀 The first time I tried this foundation, I wasn’t impressed because it didn’t do the magic as what its name says. However, its shade is at least close to my skin tone. It’s buildable but it doesn’t look natural on me anymore. I prefer applying one layer only. Even though there’s no significant change after applying the product, but it does make a bit of a difference.
- It has a slightly yellowish undertone.
- It’s creamy but not sticky.
- It doesn’t crease when applied on top of the primer.
- It stays on my skin for about 8 hours which is enough for me.
- Doesn’t cause acne or rashes.
- Blendable (using a sponge)
- It lessens the appearance of my large pores.
- It slightly covers the redness of some parts of my face. (As I’ve said I prefer the natural look.)
- A bit drying so I always make sure to generously apply moisturizer first.
- It doesn’t cover wrinkles and dark spots with one layer.
- It’s pretty quick to dry so I have to apply this one area at a time.
- It transfers.
- It still looks a little lighter on my skin but I just top it with a darker powder foundation.
This is probably good for those who are up for multilayering with lighter skin tone. Until I find the foundation that would match my tone, I’ll keep using this. Here’s what it looks like on my skin. This is a close-up look. Big pores alert!!!
Have you tried this before?