It was a bit of a surprise to me when I came across this product neatly racked at a nearby drugstore. I thought Meiji was only a confectionary brand the whole time. It’s obvious that I wasn’t a beauty geek in the past, isn’t it? I’m neither at present but just have become keen to pamper my skin and health. We’re not getting any younger, honey.
Word is that collagen gives plenty of benefits not just to your skin but health as well. Who doesn’t want that? So despite it being not so cheap (at least for me), I went ahead and spent almost 3,000 (including tax) yen for a can.
I consumed this last year for almost 28 days (in August) so I can say that the estimation is quite on point. I had it once a day usually after breakfast mixed into my apple juice.
- Proclaimed as the number 1 best-selling powdered beauty collagen supplement in Japan in 2017.
- This amino collagen is made from fish scales and skin from which the calcium is carefully removed. Pure collagen is extracted from the scales and skin
and converted to a white collagen peptide powder
that is more readily absorbed into the body. Collagen peptide has been specially selected by Meiji based on over 100 years of experience in supplying food and health products.
- Rich in basic cosmetic ingredients such as fish collagen, glucosamine (for moisture retention), amino acid (essential for a healthy body and glowing face), and vitamin C (accentuates the health and beauty benefits of fish collagen).
- Low-odor collagen
- Mixes readily with both hot and cold drinks (e.g. hot/cold coffee, yogurt, orange juice, and cold soup).
Fish collagen peptides, maltodextrin, vegetable fats and oils/V.C., glucosamine, arginine, thickener (Gum arabic), emulsifier, flavoring.
Note: May contain traces of orange, soybeans and/or gelatin.
- Measuring is made easy as it comes with a spoon.
- The lid is pretty efficient.
- Can be consumed and mixed with any drinks except alcohol and soft drinks.
- The odor isn’t awful but rather tolerable.
- I didn’t have any stomach trouble during consumption.
- I noticed that I would feel sleepy earlier. I usually go to bed between 11pm and 12am. Felt like my body was in command and I believe it was for my sake.
- It took me about 2 weeks or so to get used to the rather pungent taste. There was a noticeable change of flavor with my apple juice so I have to say that it was pungent.
- First few days, I’d feel like puking due to the unfamiliar taste. It didn’t taste like fish, though. Not even rusty whatsoever.
- A bit expensive to keep up.
- After one can, I didn’t see anything special with my skin. To put it simply, the beauty benefits weren’t visible after 28 days.
Had it not been for the price, I would’ve carried on with it and could have seen a big difference (if it’s that effective) after a few months or so. That being said, I’d still recommend this. Just because it didn’t show me the effects I wanted in 28 days, doesn’t mean it will do the same to you. Maybe, it’ll do something a little different to you. In fact, I’m thinking about using it again if given the chance.
Have you ever tried this or other brands? Share your experience below!