Last weekend, I had a chance to bake something for the first time and turned out to be better than I expected. It was just semi-sweet, had a crisp crackly top, fudgy center, and moist in all bites. The joy I felt was beyond words when my husband totally dug it. If you have never tried baking, fret not because what I’m about to share is something you can do right in your little kitchen.
Aside from a microwave, you might want to prepare these tools:
- 2 spatulas, large & medium (for mixing)
- 2 mixing bowls (one should be microwavable)
- silicon brush (for greasing)
- measuring spoons
- heart-shaped cake mold (3, medium size)
- dark chocolate, 200 g
- butter, 1/2 cup (115 g)
- granulated sugar, 1/2 cup
- brown sugar, 1/2 cup
- eggs, 3 medium size
- salt, 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup
- black cocoa powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder), 1/4 cup
- almonds and walnuts (as much as you want)
- With your silicon brush, grease the heart-shaped mold with melted butter.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces. Put into a microwavable bowl together with the butter. Melt in the microwave (800W, 1 min & 30 sec). Mix it well. [use the medium-sized spatula]
- In another bowl, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs (one at a time, mix every after addition). Mix until creamy.
- Add salt, vanilla extract, and the chocolate butter mix. Mix well.
- Add the flour and black cocoa powder while sifting them together. Gently fold it into a batter. [use the large-sized spatula]
- Nicely pour the batter into the mold (just fill half of each mold). Top with almonds and walnuts like so in this picture.
- Bake for 30 min, 350°F/ 180°C (preheated oven).
Serve warm or cool with milk, coffee, tea, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as per your preference.
Show me some love! A cup of coffee will definitely brighten up someone’s day! Thanks a lot in advance! All the best!