This easy recipe will give you a semi-sweet (because I’m watching my sugar intake), soft, rich, and at the same time a little chewy chocolate cake. I’ve decided to write this down after my second attempt. The quote “try and try until you succeed” definitely applies to baking especially for someone like me who has just plunged into the world of baking. It goes without saying that I’m falling in love with this challenging and fulfilling activity.
- 21×6 loaf pan
- parchment paper
- spatula (for mixing)
- 3 mixing bowls (2 should be microwavable)
- 120g dark chocolate
- 60ml heavy cream (warmed, 800W for 1 min & 30 sec)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 10g (⅛ cup) cake flour
- 10g (⅛ cup) cocoa powder
- chocolate chips (as much as you want)
- non-melting powdered sugar (as much as you want)
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl. Melt in the microwave (800W, 1 min & 30 sec). Mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and warmed heavy cream. Mix well.
- Add the cake flour and cocoa powder while sifting them. Mix well.
- Nicely pour the mixture into the pan and top it with the chocolate chips as what you see in this picture.
- Bake in the preheated oven (170°C for 30 min).
- Let it cool first and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.
Show me some love! A cup of coffee will definitely brighten up someone’s day! Thanks a lot in advance! All the best!