Even if you’re not really a good cook, you can make this one for lunch or dinner easily. You only have to do 5 basic steps.
– 1/2 tablespoon oil
– 300 g chicken breast, cubed
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 400 ml/ 2 cups chicken broth
– 200 ml/ 1 cup fresh cream (or heavy cream)
– 200 g penne pasta, uncooked
– 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
– a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
– parsley for garnish, optional
- In a pot, heat the oil and fry the chicken until it’s brown.
- Add garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Pour in broth, cream, and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and stir in mozzarella cheese. Top with parsley if desired.
So I served it to my husband and he liked it. He paired it with some Korean dried seaweed. But prior to that, here’s how our conversation went:
Him: What’s our dinner?
Me: My own version of Chicken Alfredo.
Him: Who’s Alfredo?
I just cracked up!
Somebody, who’s Alfredo? 😀