As I constantly say, finding a liquid foundation that would match my skin tone here in Japan is quite a challenge for me. Maybe this time I’d say that I’ve found something that would solve the issue, only it’s not a Japanese brand. Don Quijote carries this brand and it’s where I purchased this about a month ago or so. First off, let me tell you about my skin condition for the time being.
– acne-prone (no zits at the moment)
– oily (sometimes) & dehydrated
– with reddish and dark acne marks
– large pores
– uneven skin tone
– dull & rough
With these concerns in mind, I’d love to get my hands on a liquid foundation that can at least blur my impurities. I’m not really a fan of heavy coverage base because I feel like it’s not good for my skin that’s prone to pimples and I still want my skin to peep through.
- A lightweight foundation that mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural, seamless finish.
Ideal for normal to oily skin
This matte foundation formula features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores.
- Pump bottle type
- Compared to my previous liquid foundation, this one is closer to my tone. Notice the difference in the photo below.
- I only use a little of it and it’s definitely lightweight in that sense.
- It can blur my reddish and dark acne marks.
- It can also refine my large pores a bit.
- My skin tone appears even with this.
- Leaves a natural finish.
- Doesn’t cause pimples.
- Quick to dry and blendable (I apply it on my face with a brush and finish everything up with a dry triangular sponge.)
- Easy to dispense
- Not transfer-proof
- It creases (when you take a very close look) when not topped with a setting powder.
- Can control shine but not for a long time.
As you can see, it gives me more pros than cons, so I didn’t regret buying this one. I might repurchase if I can’t find something a little bit better than this.
Have you used this? How’s your experience?